Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 7 and 8 (2hours)

The students in first hour advanced 3D were continuing to work on their batik projects. Most of the students are now finished with the late projects that they were working on, so everyone is focusing on the current lesson plan, which is great! The students who have been on task all year are finishing up the batiks and using irons to melt off the wax. They do this by using newspaper and old irons that have been donated to the art department. Mr. R says that it is hard to buy irons because he knows they will be ruined after one use (taking wax off can be messy and some students don't stay on the paper!) He was happy to receive numerous irons from the past and has plenty on hand for his students. I love how art teachers are always bombarded with people who ask if the art department needs anything! I can see myself becoming a hoarder of donated supplies when this happens to me in the future!

I am learning each day, especially as I work with this class more and more, that they are starting to trust my judgement and enjoy what I have to say about their work. They have been very courteous and respectful of me, even some of the "trouble making" students. It is a great feeling to know that I can be someone they want to do well for, as well as someone to ask for advice. I love finding out that I really am in the right profession!

No comments:

Post a Comment