Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 5 and 6 (2 hours)

This week, the Advanced 3D morning class was still working with their batiks. It was great asking all of the students how they are turning out compared to how they planned it. Some students didn't plan correctly and had to change their design, but others are taking it slowly to make sure to master the tedious process. One student is using only one color, pink, but is using a dye bath for various amounts of time to get a difference in color intensity. I am so excited to see her project when it is finished because she has been taking the most time to use the wax over the new intensity of pink in order to create shading. She has her project planned out in almost a "paint by numbers" fashion. It's so interesting to see her approach compared to a few shirts that are totally covered with wax, or being painted on without any wax used. I am so excited to see all of them in their final stages.

At this point, a few students are totally finished while a few haven't even started. I can tell that Mr. R gets extremely frustrated with the students who are very far behind, but he hasn't said a word to those students in two weeks.... I'm definitely observing Mr. R as much as I am trying to interact and understand the thinking behind all of the students. I have been taking more time with them than he has, so I hope that I can motivate them enough to finish this project on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment