Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Journey to Art Education


Although I have an About Me section on this blog, I haven't quite shared the journey I have taken to where I am today in my college career as an Art Education major. 

I came into UW-Stout as an undecided major with a Graphic Design intent. This intent allowed me to take the art courses that I needed while still being "undecided". I was advised to apply for the Art Education program after a semester of college. After Art Education 108, Introduction to Art Education, I began to realize that I had passions in my life that I had yet to discover. Although I have always had a passion for art and creating, I uncovered a hidden passion for working with others, especially young people. I realized that I was being pointed in a direction to teach others how creativity can positively influence one's life.

I am determined to inspire young people to find their personalities, ambitions and dreams through art. As a teacher, I know that I will be able to positively influence lives by broadening young minds and shaping productive citizens of society. 

An "About Me" Wordle, from www.wordle.net
I will be student teaching next spring, and cannot wait to see where I am located during that experience. I am on track to graduate in just one year and am getting very anxious to see where life will take me! I have dreams of obtaining my masters degree, teaching in Alaska, coaching a varsity volleyball team, owning my own studio and gallery, and selling my professional and handmade arts. 

No matter which direction I am pointed to, my ultimate goal is to pass on the knowledge that I have about the arts, sports, faith, and life to others. I aspire to be an inspiration to my students, friends, colleagues and family. I will one day be a successful teacher, artist, coach, wife, and mother. I cannot wait to see where God takes me, but until then, I’ll be taking it each day at a time, constantly striving for happiness.

Until I can truly pursue these dreams full time, I'll be in Art Education 308, and blogging about the entire experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment