Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mock Interview Question

Mock Interview Question - from an Administrator of a school district.

"If I am a student in your art class, what can I expect to see or do on the first day?"

My answer geared toward a secondary learning environment:

If you were a student in my class, on the first day I would first introduce myself and give a little personal information as well as information about the class I am teaching. I would question the students on their expectations for the class and what they hope to learn over the course of the year. I would want the students to get to know each other by introducing themselves. The students would engage in a sketching activity geared to show me where they are at in their drawing skills. The last fifteen minutes of class would be used for introducing the first official lesson plan, to allow the students to leave with the urge to find inspirations and ideas for the assignment.


The assignment would be something like the this lesson plan I wrote about in a curriculum map last semester:


No comments:

Post a Comment