Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mock Interview: Safety

If I was asked in an interview, "How do you deal with safety in the classroom?"

I would answer something like this:

In my classroom, all safety precautions would be listed on various posters throughout the classroom. After so long, posters do blend in with the rest of the room, so I would make sure to go over each specific safety precautions in each lesson plan. A demonstration of how to use materials, when to use the safety equipment and when to engage in other safety activities like fire drills and so on. I would always make sure to brush up on the school's safety procedures and precautions as well as allowing my students to understand the special safety precautions for them as art students.

By doing a thorough safety run through in the introductory portion of the class, I would make sure that each student knew where everything was located, where do go in case of an emergency and so on. A small quiz would be a great way to judge if the students understood all of the information or not.

Logging hazardous supplies and keeping them in a safe area would be a great idea for myself, and my colleagues. Labeling everything would be key to safety. Color coded labels for certain materials would also be helpful, and easily integrated into the art classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment